Since 1949, Graves Furniture Shop, Inc. has created a standard of excellence in building and restoring fine wood furniture. This tradition was built on a love of wood working by the company's founder, Henry C. Graves. Throughout the 1950's and 1960's Henry focused primarily on building handmade reproductions of eighteenth century antiques, along with repairing and refinishing the community's many treasures.
Wishing to continue his father's tradition of quality and furthering his own passion for the craft, Larry Graves took the helm in the mid-1970's and later moved the shop to its current location in Matthew, NC. Larry has since expanded the company's services and perfected many new features of their business, although the restoration of antiques remains the preferred focus of the shop.
Larry intends to continue his family's time honored traditions of fine craftsmanship, personal customer care and attention to quality into the furniture. He has enlisted the talents of two co-owners, Jay Milam and Charles Mackey, to ensure the maintenance of an established standard of excellence, while continuing to look to the future, but never forgetting the past.